Tuesday, March 3, 2009

chapter 5

"Either they speak like I'm a little baby who can't understand the stupidest thing, or they gaze at me with the weight and sadness of the world behind their eyes, making me feel so confused I wish they'd just shut up." - page 36

I think that Nadira is trying to say from this quote that she dislikes the way adults talk to her. In conversations with adults, she wants people to comfort her (like a child) but she wants to know what is going on (like an adult). I think that the adults don't know how to talk to Nadira in the right way. Maybe Nadira doesn't want to be treated like the baby sister but she is too lacking in confidence to speak up for herself. 

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, that would be hard, to want to be treated two different ways, but still get both. :) Nice quote choice! :)

    ReplyDelete