Monday, March 9, 2009

chapter 9 3/9

"If you're going to fight an enemy, you have to understand their argument. You can't just demand. That's not how you're going to win... You have to make a good case"- page 76

i agree with this quote. in any situation when you are fighting, you should fallow what this quote is saying. when i read this quote, i thought about in my life when i will be in debates. this is good advice for me. 

i thought that this was great advice to give nadira and aisha too. they shouldn't just ask for help, they should argue. if they want to help their family, they should explain in their letter why the government's argument is weaker then theirs. they should use hard and strong language, not just "please help my family. it would be so nice if you could help :)". maybe more like "if you don't help my family i would be devastated forever. my heart for be broken for the rest of my life".

No comments:

Post a Comment